Avon and Bristol Woodturners
You will need Acrobat Reader to view Turnings. If you do not have this please click
Our Newsletter ‘Turnings’ is published monthly. The current and last year issues are shown below. For older issues please contact the editor at email@example.com
Members wishing to receive only an email copy should also contact the editor.
December - no issue
* Woodturner of the year - gallery of entries
* Workshop rescue - a bench joins the ensemble
* Next month’s demonstrator - Colin Simpson
* Ray Mellett - a true “one-off” - character remembered.
* A goldfish bowl where the occupants are safe from the family cat - Stuart Clarke.
* Annual awards 2019 - the standard is higher than ever.
* “By Members for Members” - February’s meeting - not to be missed.
* From log to bowl - In only a few weeks.
* Pete Ravenscroft explains how former club member Ian Salisbury’s home-designed and built drying kiln has enabled him to dramatically reduce tree-to lathe time.
* Obituary for Dennis May
* Introduction to dust control. By Ray Mellet
* Tower of Brahma puzzle. by Alan Griffiths
* String Puppet. by Geoff Buckeridge
* 'Lesson from history?' and 'Know your equipment'. by Mike Openshaw
* Tribute to Dennis May
* Annual reports from committee members
* A painted clock
* Lockdown projects
* Design for the future
* Skills from the stone age
* A birthday platter
* Lockdown projects
* How did he do that?
* See inside for robin’s
* Teapot extravaganza
* Covid 19 - the way forward
* Two members have come up with imaginative uses for a felled tree.
* Your lockdown pictures.
* Don’t let those cracks deter you - Michael shows you how.
* The way forward - maintaining the club’s “esprit-de corps” in the face of Covid 19.
* ABWT breaks new ground with the club’s first virtual demonstration.
* Woodturners’ worldwide virtual symposium.
* More Zoom news
* Let there be light - Mike employs technology for a long-overdue upgrade
* Robin runs rings around Saturn
* New Gallery for members